Recent development with COVID-19 has forced most of us to stay at home. It was need of the hour to control the spread of the disease. While some of us enjoy staying home, many of us struggle to maintain work life balance. It happens because we have a fixed routine which we follow everyday. It can be as little as grabbing a coffee on the way to work and as big as using the office conference room to conduct meetings. We have become used to a certain work routine which helps us stay productive and focused. But the lockdown has thrown all of us off our game. There are so many issues when you have to work from home.
- Alarm kab ka rakhe?
- What to wear: Formals or Pajamas
- Fighting an impulse to watch TV instead of working
- Interruptions by family and relatives
- Struggle to stay awake after lunch
- Disassociated from team
It can be jarring to many of us to stay efficient in such tough times. But if we can maintain some ground rules and stick to them, it can be achieved successfully. Let’s see how we all can do that.
Things we need to work from home:
- A well functioning computer and phone
- Fast internet connection
- Table and chair
- Designated workplace
Tips to maintain productivity:
- Train your mind as if nothing has changed.
- Mirror your behaviour as much as you can like you’re in office. Have tea and lunch at the same time when you were in the office.
- Don’t work from your bed. Define where to relax and where to work.
- Find a place which can turn into an office. It should be well lit and it shouldn’t have any disturbances.
- Finish your morning routine as everyday and be at your desk at BOD time.
- Detach yourself from home. Don’t dwell into conversations.
- Be in touch with your team so you don’t miss out on anything.
- And lastly, these things will happen. So be prepared by developing a sense of humour.
You are not on a VACATION or a HOLIDAY.
Understand the difference between…